January 12, 2018 (BOISE, ID)– With recent storms delivering four inches of new snow in the last 48 hours, Bogus Basin announced today that the nonprofit will be fully operational beginning Saturday, January 13th. Night skiing will also be open this weekend, and will continue beyond Monday if conditions allow. Operating hours Saturday through Monday will be from 9:00am until 10:00pm.
“We are excited to get the snow when we did, and are happy to be back up and running seven days a week,” said Brad Wilson, General Manager. For the first time, the Glade Runner mountain coaster will begin operating at night this weekend. “Riding the coaster at night is a completely different type of thrill,” said Wilson. The coaster will be open for night rides until 9:00pm on Saturday and Sunday this weekend, and on Friday and Saturday nights for the remainder of the winter season.
Bogus Basin Operating Schedule for Saturday – Monday (Holiday Weekend)
- Alpine skiing/boarding open: 9:00am-10:00pm
- All chairlifts and conveyers during the day
- Chairlifts #1 (Deerpoint) and #2 (Morningstar), #3 (Superior), #7 (Coach), and conveyer lifts at night
- Full adult ticket price: $62 + tax
- Frontier Point Nordic Lodge: 9:00am-6:00pm
- Pepsi Gold Rush Tubing Hill: 9:00am-9:00pm (Saturday and Sunday), 9:00am-4:30pm (Monday
- Glade Runner Mountain Coaster: 11:00am-9:00pm (Saturday and Sunday), 11:00am-4:30pm (Monday)
- Pioneer Lodge and Simplot Lodge will be open for full service
- Bogus Basin’s Ski and Snowboard school will be open for lessons
- Rental and retail shop open
About Bogus Basin
Bogus Basin is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to engaging the community to provide accessible, affordable, and fun year-round mountain recreation and education. Opened in 1942, Bogus Basin offers 2,600 acres of daytime skiable terrain, and 165 acres for night skiing; seven lifts and two people-moving carpets; and an 800-foot tubing hill. The Nordic Center offers 37 kilometers of groomed trails. Summer activities include mountain biking, amphitheater events, disc golf, private events, and hiking. Bogus Basin is located 16.5 miles north of Boise, Idaho and operates under a special use permit with the Boise National Forest. www.bogusbasin.org.