November 27, 2019 (BOISE, ID)– Bogus Basin’s investment in snowmaking is paying off. The nonprofit recreation area announced today plans to open for top-to-bottom skiing and snowboarding Friday through Sunday. The Deer Point and Coach Chairlifts, as well as the Explorer, Easy Rider, and Discovery surface carpets will operate.
The early opening is a powerful example of the impact that Bogus Basin’s new snowmaking system is having on winter operations. “We wouldn’t be opening without snowmaking,” said General Manager, Brad Wilson. “We are really excited that the new snowmaking system, along with a little help from Mother nature, has given us more control over when we can start the season.”
Full, seven-day operations at Bogus Basin are scheduled to begin on Saturday, December 7th.
Bogus Basin 2019-20 Winter Season Opening Weekend Plan:
- Friday, November 29th through Sunday, December 1st
- Weekend operating hours are 9:00am-4:30pm
- The Deer Point Express (#1), Coach Beginner Chairlift (#7), and Explorer, Easy Rider, and Discovery surface conveyers will operate
- Upper Ridge, Lower Ridge, and Coach’s Corner runs will be open, along with the terrain park
- Tickets will be sold at reduced prices (visit bogusbasin.org for details)
- J.R. Simplot Lodge will be fully open
- The rental and retail shops will be open
- The Ski and Snowboard School will be open for lessons
- Pioneer Lodge will be open for restroom and locker access only
- The Glade Runner Mountain Coaster will not operate, due to construction on the Morning Star Chairlift
- The Tubing Hill and Nordic Center are not scheduled to operate over the weekend