December 21, 2017 (BOISE, ID)– Bogus Basin announced today that the Glade Runner mountain coaster will open on Friday, December 22nd. The highly anticipated gravity-driven ride features 4,330 feet of track that takes its passengers through dips, turns and two 360-degree circles and reaches heights of 40 plus feet in the air. The ride begins and ends at a new building located adjacent to Simplot Lodge in the base area.
Guests are encouraged to dress warmly for the ride; winter coats, hats and gloves are recommended. To ride alone, guests must be at least 16 years old– a manufacturer requirement. Additional information on age and weight restrictions is available at bogusbasin.org.
Friday also marks the official celebration of Bogus Basin’s 75th Birthday, ending a year-long celebration of the area’s past, present, and future. A DJ will play music in the base area throughout the day, guests can purchase hot dogs for only $1.00 (while supplies last), and birthday cake will be served at 2:00pm. Daily operations are scheduled to begin at the mountain on Friday as well, with the Coach Beginner Chairlift opening for the season. Additional operations will open as snow conditions allow.
Bogus Basin Holiday Operating Schedule for December 22 – January 7:
Daily Hours of Operation: 10:00am-4:30pm
Glade Runner Mountain Coaster Rates (Tax Not Included):
- One Ride (single rider): $15
- One Ride (two people): $25
- Re-Ride (single rider): $10
- Re-Ride (two people): $15
- Bogus Basin season pass holders are eligible for discounts
- Purchase tickets in the rental shop on the mountain, or at the downtown sales office
- Simplot Lodge will be open for full food and beverage service
- Coach beginner chairlift will operate, tickets cost $15 plus tax.
- The new Discovery beginner conveyer lift near the base area will operate.
- Frontier Point Nordic Lodge will be open for tickets, lessons and rental equipment.
- The Pepsi Gold Rush Tubing Hill will be open, reservations available online at: www.bogusbasin.org under tickets and passes. The cost is $15 plus tax for a 90 minute session.
- A lift served terrain park for intermediate to advanced skiers and snowboarders has been built near the Deerpoint Chairlift. Cost is $15 plus tax, and includes access to the Coach chairlift.
- Bogus Basin’s Ski & Snowboard School will open for lessons
- Bogus Basin’s downtown sales office will be open daily for season pass pickups, and retail and ticket purchases. For sales office questions, call: 208-332-5162.
- The Pioneer Lodge will be open for restroom and locker access only.
For more information, visit: www.bogusbasin.org.
About Bogus Basin
Bogus Basin is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to engaging the community to provide accessible, affordable, and fun year-round mountain recreation and education. Opened in 1942, Bogus Basin offers 2,600 acres of daytime skiable terrain, and 165 acres for night skiing; seven lifts and two people-moving carpets; and an 800-foot tubing hill. The Nordic Center offers 37 kilometers of groomed trails. Summer activities include mountain biking, amphitheater events, disc golf, private events, and hiking. Bogus Basin is located 16.5 miles north of Boise, Idaho and operates under a special use permit with the Boise National Forest. www.bogusbasin.org.