EXPLORER Basecamp Activities
Summertime in Boise means long days of sunlight, heading to the hills to beat the heat, and of course, staying active. The Bogus Basin team over recent years has designed their mountain landscape into a paradise of summer activities for everyone.
Reach new heights! Standing 55 feet tall with 3 levels of challenges. Features range from easy to difficult as you move throughout and up the course. Your adventure finishes with either an auto belay drop zone or several zip lines. This is the perfect activity for high-altitude adventure seekers!
|Adult (13+) – 90 Min Session||$39|
|Child (7-12) – 90 Min Session||$34|
Why experience the fun just once, when you can enjoy The Explorer Base Camp’s activities as much as you want all day long? The Explorer Base Camp Day Passes are the key to a day full of excitement, all on a single ticket!
The Explorer Base Pass Pricing
|The Explore Base Pass Adult (13+)||$59|
|The Explore Base Pass Child (4-12)||$49|
Upgrade The Explorer Base Pass
and receive 50% off a session at The Mineshaft Challenge Course
- Unlimited Glade Runner Mountain Coaster – Idaho’s only Mountain Coaster
- Unlimited Scenic Chairlift Rides
- Unlimited Sessions at The Sourdough Slider
- Unlimited Sessions at The Launch Pad Bungee Jump
- Unlimited Sessions at The Stack Rock Climbing Wall
- Optional Upgrade – 50% off a session on The Mineshaft Challenge Course
Bogus Basin is home to the only mountain coaster in the state of Idaho. Experience 4,330 feet of high speed, twisting and turning, screaming and cheering through the woods! Just east of the Simplot Lodge, you are seated in a Glade Runner mountain coaster cart, pulled to the top of the track, then released at the top for an exhilarating ride through the trees. You are in control of your own speed and by pressing the handles all the way forward, you unleash The Glade Runner’s full potential!
|Driver & Passenger||$29|
|Unlimited Mountain Coaster Rides||See The Explorer Base Camp Day Passes|
- You must be at least 54″ tall to ride alone if you are at least 3 years old and 38″-54″ tall, you need a companion 16 years or older and at 54″+ tall to accompany you as a driver.
- Maximum weight is 375 lbs if conditions are dry and 330 lbs, if conditions are wet.
- No pregnant riders.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Liability Waiver required.
- Parent/guardian must sign for a minor.
As you ascend up the Morning Star Express or Deer Point Express chairlift, breathtaking views of Boise National Forest, the Sawtooth Mountains, and Downtown Boise are revealed. One at the top, you are free to wander towards the many vistas, begin a hike, or relax as the chairlift brings you back down to The Explorer Base Camp!
|Unlimited Rides||See The Explorer Base Camp Day Passes|
- Single-ride tickets are valid for one (1) ride on Deer Point Express OR Morning Star Express, NOT both.
- Children must be able to access the chairlift on their own accord, ability and follow directions.
- No children are allowed in backpacks, wraps, chest packs or in arms
- Children under 12 years old must have an accompanying adult. These precautions are over safety concerns for the children, parents and employees of Bogus Basin in the event of a chairlift evacuation. This policy is required to maintain compliance with national safety standards that govern the operations of chairlifts.
- No coolers
- No strollers
- No animals
- Liability Waiver required. Parent/guardian must sign for a minor
No snow? No problem! You can still enjoy the thrill of tubing in the summer! Feel the rush of wind in your face as you slide down the lower section of the bowl. Race side-by-side or solo down the two 300-foot lanes. Once at the bottom, hop back on the conveyor-lift for a ride up to the top!
|60 Minute Session||$18|
|Unlimited Tubing Sessions||See The Explorer Base Camp Day Passes|
You can defy gravity and fly more than 20 feet in the sky while doing front flips and back flips without fear of falling! Strap into The Launch Pad’s secure harness and jump until your heart’s content. The harder you bounce, the higher you go!
|5 Minute Session||$12|
|Unlimited Launch Sessions||See The Explorer Base Camp Day Passes|
Your goal? Find the right route and reach the top of the 32-foot structure as quickly and efficiently as possible. Once you are at the top, ring the buzzer, and the auto belay system softly lets you down. You have four different routes to choose from, which means there is something for everyone’s ability level. Built-in timers make this activity ideal for challenging a friend!
|15 Minute Session||$12|
|Unlimited Climbing Sessions||See The Explorer Base Camp Day Passes|
Did you know you can pan for gems, arrowheads, and fossils at Bogus Basin? The Shafer Butte Mining Co. is the perfect activity for the littles and adults. Purchase your bag of pay dirt from the J.R. Simplot Ticket Window, then head to the Shafer Butte Mining Co., where you grab your screen box, pour in your dirt, then start sifting to find your treasures!
|Shafer Butte Mining Co. Pay Dirt Bag||$12|
Bogus Basin has rebuilt and relocated the disc golf, and it is now fully open for play.
Our disc golf course is unlike most parks and public courses. Rated as a par 3 course, some of the holes are not overly long; However, this course is highly technical, offering blind drives, bends, downhill holes, and uphill holes. Designed to offer left, right, fore, and backhand throws, this course is reminiscent of an east course style.
Please be advised that with a technical course comes the need to hike on various terrain, so sturdy shoes, snacks, and water are highly recommended, along with a strong sense of direction.
Start your journey at hole 1, located off the Southwest edge of parking lot 3 next to the Frontier Point Lodge.